Downtown San Jose, Costa Rica Hotel
Destination... Explore, Experience, See -Experience San Jose's cultural and historical landmarks, as well as theaters, museums, casinos and plazas. Our San Jose hotel is a few blocks from Downtown San Jose's top attractions like the National Theatre, National Museum, Gold Museum, Jade Museum, Costa Rican Art Museum, Children's Museum, Plaza de La Cultura, Plaza de la Democracia, and National Cathedral. After dark, enjoy the festive San Jose nightlife!
Government Locale -Hotel Presidente is walking distance to historic buildings and Costa Rican political and financial life, including the Costa Rican Congress (Asamblea Legislativa), Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones (Electoral Tribunal), Supreme Court and Costa Rica's Central Bank. Our prominent San Jose is convenient to the city's government offices including the Ministries of Labor, Foreign Affairs, Education and Culture, as well the University of Costa Rica.
San Jose, Costa Rica Attractions
- Gold Museum - 0.1 mile
- Jade Museum - 0.1 mile
- National Theater - 0.1 mile
- National Museum of Costa Rica - 0.1 mile
- Chinatown - 0.1 mile
- Asamblea Legislativa - 0.1 mile
- Museo de Arte Contemporaneo - 0.2 mile
- La Antigua Aduana - 0.3 mile
- Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones - 0.3 mile
- Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores - 0.3 mile
- Corte Suprema de Justicia - 0.5 mile
- Central Bank - 0.5 miles
- Central Avenue Boulevard Pedestrian Outdoor Mall - 0.5 mile
- Central Market - 0.6 mile
- Children's Museum - 1 mile
- Clinica Biblica - 1 mile
- Casa Presidencial - 1.5 miles
- Universidad de Costa Rica - 1.5 miles
- La Sabana Park/National Stadium/Costa Rican Art
Museum - 1.86 miles
- Exit the airport and follow signs to San Jose.
- Merge into the Interamerican Highway (General Cañas Highway) south and head towards San José.
- Drive for 17 Km past the Bridgestone/Firestone factory on your right, the Real Cariari shopping mall on your left and over Virilla River bridge.
- Continue on the main highway past the Dennis Restaurant (on left) and continue until you reach a traffic light with a Nissan Dealer on the right.
- Drive through the light (past Sabana Park on your right) and make a left at the next traffic light (Leon Cortés Statue on your right) onto Paseo Colon Avenue, entering Downtown.
- Drive on the Paseo Colon for 11 blocks, past the Mercedes Tower on your left and the Children's and San Juan de Dios Hospitals on your right
- When you reach the traffic light where the 4 lane street turns into 2 lanes, make a right turn followed by an immediate left onto Second Avenue
- As you enter Second Avenue, you should see a park and La Merced Church on your right.
- Keep driving up Second Avenue on the left lane, after 9 blocks you will pass the National Teather on Plaza de la cultura. Remain always on the left side.
- Three blocks after National Theather make the first left, on 11th Street.
- Drive two blocks and make your second left, on 1st Avenue.
- Our parking lot is half a block past the hotel.