Costa Rica Eco Tourism at Hotel Presidente
- Sustainable Environmental Tourism
- Eco-Friendly Hotel Practices In Costa Rica
- Environmental Care - A CO2 Neutral Hotel
- Project Q-DRA - Leadership in Sustainable Tourism
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Volunteering
- Quality of Life & Good Manufacturing Practices
- ASONI (Association for Children's Smile)
- Protection of Children and Adolescents
- Project $1 Per $ 1
The "First Carbon Neutral Hotel in Costa Rica," Hotel Presidente is a pioneer in the national strategy for climate change. The hotel earned 4 stars from the Costa Rican National Tourism Board, as well as receiving a Sustainable Tourism Certificate for efforts in sustainable tourism and innovative projects that positively impact environmental conservation, climate change, and social solidarity. In harmony with our natural environment and social development of Costa Rica, we have adopted a corporate culture that promotes environmental conservation, and eco-tourism and sustainable adventure for our people and planet.
Sustainable Environmental Tourism -Recipient of the "Business Social Responsibility Award" for 2008, awarded by the Costa Rican Chamber of Commerce, Hotel Presidente is committed to the philosophy and practice of responsible and sustainable tourism in our community and country. Our team is active in conserving and preserving the natural and ecological environment that surrounds us and the people who share it. Through environmental awareness initiatives and the sustainable use and management of natural resources, we hope to combat pollution, climate change and deterioration of our environment.
In alliance with local and global projects, we strive to make a positive impact on the environment, and instill a passion for the conservation of natural resources and heritage in employees and guests. Our spirit of sustainable tourism, corporate responsibility and environmental advocacy helps us connect with our community, industry and country. Our path of social and environment change is inherent in everything we do!
Eco-Friendly Hotel Practices In Costa Rica -To ensure a harmony between Costa Rica's natural and economic development, Hotel Presidente is dedicated to eco-friendly tourism in daily operations. Our concept of sustainability includes the management and reduction of resources that affect climate change and emission of greenhouse gases and the recovery of local culture. Sustainable tourism practices have resulted in a positive impact on conservation of the environment. As a symbol of these efforts, Hotel President received the Certificate for Sustainable Tourism. By reducing and recycling waste, rationing resources, and mitigating greenhouse gases, we help keep our city and planet in balance. We strive to promote Costa Rica as a green tourist destination that protects the environment and
- Encourages employees & comunity to engage in sustainable hotel practices
- Partners with suppliers and manufacturers in environmental and social responsibility
- Reduce solid waste through composting
- Implements internal recycling programs (paper, glass, plastic, aluminum, soaps, Oil for biodisel production)
- Uses biodegradable cleaning products
- Reduces energy and water resources usage
- Controls of emissions of greenhouse gases into the environment to lower our carbon footprint via carbonfund.org
- Purchases local hotel decorations
- Implements quality control of wastewater
Environmental Care - A CO2 Neutral Hotel -Hotel Presidente is attached to the national and global initiative to combat climate change and creating awareness about tourism's impact on the environment. As part of this commitment, Hotel Presidente implements programs and improvements to minimize the footprint of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) into the environment by corporate policies that reach employees, guests and suppliers. Our corporate culture helps raise awareness in reducing the use of energy, water and raw materials for a collective impact on global climate change. Hotel Presidente has implemented policies measure our carbon footprint on the environment and neutralize emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Compensates yearly, metric tons of CO2, resulting from its first measurement of carbon footprint on the environment in alliance with Carbonfun.org.
- Changed conventional bulbs to energy efficient lighting
- Use signage to invite guests to reduce energy and water consumption
- Trains employees to participate in the Carbon Neutral project
- Uses lower wattage bulbs that favor natural lighting
- Designed better use of natural light and ventilation
- Monitors the use of electricity, water and gas consumption
- Teaches employees how to reduce energy in their homes to reduce their carbon footprints.
Project Q-DRA - Leadership in Sustainable Tourism -In its united efforts to improve the environment and image of San Jose, Hotel Presidente created and instituted the Q-DRA project, which identifies and provides sustainability solutions to preserve and beautify the city's environment. Forming alliances with local businesses, shops and merchants, the hotel has implemented environmentally friendly practices, such as recycling and waste management, that minimize environmental impact and contribute to the beautification of
Serving as a role model for neighboring merchant, the hotel has developed eco-friendly practices to beautify city blocks so that tourists and locals can enjoy a cleaner urban landscape. The hotel has mobilized 40 businesses that are partners of Q-dra and join efforts to improve the environment of San Jose through recycling campaigns and solid waste management. The Q-dra symbolizes our commitment and leadership to environmental protection and sustainable tourism.
As part of this community clean-up project, every two months our hotel's Green Brigade collects waste and debris, including bottles, cans, and plastic, on the streets of downtown San Jose. Employees stepped in to improve our city's health and appearance and to reduce waste that contributes to environmental degradation. If you are interested in joining our Green efforts, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org